Mountain Biking in South Sardinia. Why should you come here?
The territory of the Sulcis Iglesiente is a paradise for those who love Mountain Biking. Here you can enjoy a wide range of tours with something at every level of difficulty.
Pedra Rubia can support you in planning a tour that is tailored to your needs, skills and interests, making sure your biking is always safe and exciting. We can provide all the equipment you need, that is to say high quality mountain bikes, helmets, gloves and camel-bak.
DISCOVER OUR MTB SERVICES!
Why should you visit “Sulcis Iglesiente”? Here the answers:
- The Sulcis Iglesiente offers both mountain and sea landscapes, meaning that in the space of just a few kilometres you pass from forest scenery to wonderful coastal trails, all in a totally natural setting.
- The Sulcis Iglesiente was once one of the most important mining areas in Europe. That means there is a great number of trails, tracks and dirt roads, making this area unique in terms of the variety of cycling tours it offers.
- The landscape is particularly varied, as are the fauna and flora that inhabit Sardinia’s “geological-mining” parklands and the routes leading to the area’s many sites of interest.
- Low population density and a strong cycling tradition mean the roads are relatively safe for cycling. The locals are accustomed to sharing the road with bikers.
- You can choose from a large number of routes, difficulty levels, settings and destinations, according to your personal interests.
- Historical, archaeological, nature or sports-based itinerary? It’s your choice.
Here are some of the Pedra Rubia’s MTB itineraries.
Click here to find all the info about our guided MTB tours and equipment hire. Or contact us using the form below.