Trekking in Sulcis Iglesiente. What does it mean?
Trekking in southern Sardinia’s Sulcis Iglesiente, means travelling “through time and space”.
Pedra Rubia is at your disposal to offer you safe and exciting walking tours that are tailored to your skills and needs. Your trip will be made all the more enjoyable by tales and stories about the past culture of this special land.
All trekking tours pass through various types of terrain and offer a variety of panoramas, usually including sites of both natural and cultural interest.
What makes trekking tours in south-western Sardinia so unique?
- The sense of achieving something through your own efforts, with destinations that are both attractive and untamed, such as beautiful beaches, small lakes and waterfalls, ancient villages, mines and mountain peaks
- The views during the trip are unique, considering the spectacular coastal walking treks you can do, plus trips through the forests and along deserted hills with wide panoramas.
- You travel in space but also in time, with historical sites from different ages, from prehistory to our own era.
- Time will stop for the stories we tell you about the inhabitants, culture and natural history of these places
- Variety is our watchword: variety in terms of different levels of difficulty, different kinds of itinerary (by the sea, through the mountains or a mixture), and different places every day if you choose a multy-day experience.
Here all the Trekking Trips of Pedra Rubia and our Trekking services.
Mountain Biking in South Sardinia. Why should you come here?
The territory of the Sulcis Iglesiente is a paradise for those who love Mountain Biking. Here you can enjoy a wide range of tours with something at every level of difficulty.
Pedra Rubia can support you in planning a tour that is tailored to your needs, skills and interests, making sure your biking is always safe and exciting. We can provide all the equipment you need, that is to say high quality mountain bikes, helmets, gloves and camel-bak.
DISCOVER OUR MTB SERVICES!
Why should you visit “Sulcis Iglesiente”? Here the answers:
- The Sulcis Iglesiente offers both mountain and sea landscapes, meaning that in the space of just a few kilometres you pass from forest scenery to wonderful coastal trails, all in a totally natural setting.
- The Sulcis Iglesiente was once one of the most important mining areas in Europe. That means there is a great number of trails, tracks and dirt roads, making this area unique in terms of the variety of cycling tours it offers.
- The landscape is particularly varied, as are the fauna and flora that inhabit Sardinia’s “geological-mining” parklands and the routes leading to the area’s many sites of interest.
- Low population density and a strong cycling tradition mean the roads are relatively safe for cycling. The locals are accustomed to sharing the road with bikers.
- You can choose from a large number of routes, difficulty levels, settings and destinations, according to your personal interests.
- Historical, archaeological, nature or sports-based itinerary? It’s your choice.
Here are some of the Pedra Rubia’s MTB itineraries.
Click here to find all the info about our guided MTB tours and equipment hire.